Skip to Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


I am a student enrolled in University Level (for credit) Independent Study online classes. How do I borrow books from the HBLL?

I'm an online student and I live out of state. I would like to get some books the BYU Library has but I'm not sure how to go about this or if I'm allowed to do it.
Last Updated: Mar 01, 2018  |  267 Views

Was this helpful? 2   0


BYU Independent Study students enrolled in a BYU for credit university level class may borrow books from the Harold B. Lee Library.

We will ship books to your location and scan articles and send them to you. 

Please use the Interlibrary Loan login page to create your request: 

Login with your BYU Independent Study NETID and password.

We will work with you from that web page to complete your request.

The return shipping fees for books are your responsibility.

If you have any questions, please contact or (801) 422-6344.

Note: BYU Independent Study high school classes and other non-credit classes are not eligible for HBLL Interlibrary Loan services.  Libraries in your area having an Interlibrary Loan agreement with the Harold B. Lee Library may be able to interlibrary loan a book for you.  CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY.

Answered by Lisa ReynoldsBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Live Chat

    Chat requires JavaScript.

    More Ways to Find Answers