Skip to Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


Do retired BYU faculty have access to library databases and other licensed library resources?

I taught at BYU for many years and thought my access to databases would continue after retirement.
Last Updated: Dec 07, 2016  |  6 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


Contracts with most of our content providers require access to databases and other licensed resources be limited to currently affiliated students, staff, faculty and administration of the university.

In the event a retired faculty member is requested by his department to continue research on a specific project for the department, temporary access may be obtained by submitting a completed and signed Continuing Access Request form available the the Library Administrative Office.  The request requires the signatures of both the Department Chair and the Dean.

If there are questions, contact the LAO (Library Administrative Office) at 801 422 2905 or email to

Answered by Linda HutchingsBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Live Chat

    Chat requires JavaScript.

    Related content from Subject Guides

    More Ways to Find Answers