How can I find companies in a certain industry or location?
Quickly export their contact information, company profile, and/or financial profile.
There are two wonderful sources to create a company list: Mint Global and LexisNexis.
For Mint Global, go to the clip tutorial by clicking here.
1. Go to the http://sites.lib.byu.edu/business
2. Under FIND A DATABASE, write LexisNexis. Choose LexisNexis Academic Business
3. Once in the database, under the COMPANY tab, click "Dossier Create a Company List" and fill in any attributes you are looking for. To find a specific industry, click the "NAICS Lookup" hyperlink and either expand until you find your industry or try using the search bar up top. Click OK once you have the box(es) checked by the industries you want.
4. Click the "create" button, click the Next: customize list button if there are a good amount of companies (other wise edit search and adjust you attributes)
5. Select what information you want about each of those selected companies and click "update company list".
6. If you would like to download click "download selected items" after the boxes have been checked by the companies you want and it will send the information to Excel.